Sunday, October 25, 2009

Red Shoes Diary


This is a pastel piece I did a number of years ago. My stepson received some pastels from his grandparents for christmas. After opening he said, "you can't draw anything good with these, they just make a mess," I had to prove him wrong. I happened to have these fun pair of shoes I ran up stairs and came down with. I sat and drew my feet in them and then used the pastels he had received to color the drawing in. He was pleasantly surprised by what I could achieve with the pastels. Once I was done he ran up stairs to make some creations of his own. This later became one of my favorite creations. I call it red shoes diary. I have always had a thing for high heels and have tons in different colors, the more unusual and higher the better. In fact I am rarely out of a pair of my heels. I once had a neighbor comment about it when I was out watering plants in a pair. She was trying to poke fun at me, saying something to the effect that "I bet you even clean toilets in heels" and I replied "of course doesn't everyone". I would say that I am like June Cleaver, from Leave it to Beaver, but with my own twist.

"Red shoes diary"
inside matte opening 7" x 9" outside frame 13" x 15"

No comments:

Post a Comment