Sunday, October 25, 2009

Painted Flowers on the Wall


Matisse, a favorite painter of mine once said, "a great painter is someone who finds personal and lasting signs that express in plastic terms the spirit of his visioin." After receiving some beautiful off-white roses one anniversary from my husband I was inspired as they started to fade to paint this. I threw a red table cloth over the small oval table that they were sitting on and grabbed my paints and a canvas. It is painted with acrylics and the original painting was 18" x "24" but once finished it looked awkward to me and I was not at all happy with it at first. But I had this frame that a friend in Toronto has used to frame another piece of my artwork years ago. I loved the frame, it has a driftwood type appearance to it. I quickly took the other painting out and went at the canvas with some scissors and starting cutting strips off the painting until I was happy with this placement in the end.

"Painted Flowers on the Wall"
original acrylic on canvas, outside framed size 14" x 15"

No comments:

Post a Comment